Friday, June 30, 2006

Friends leaving, Runescape, and Psychology

All my friends are either going to leave within a couple days or have already left. Jason is leaving on Monday (thankfully, he is only going for like a month or so), Jeremy and Melanie are leaving on Wednesday (Melanie should be back in a little over a year, I have no idea when I will next see Jeremy), Tim left a while ago and I have no idea when I will next see him, Graham and Abraham left last week (fortunately they will come back in a couple of months), and Adam and Noah also left last week (I will probably see them in a couple months). I think that covers all my friends who are leaving (incidentally that is ALL of them). This means I will probably be very bored, in fact I already am rather bored. Thankfully I can still keep in touch with Graham by blogging, but I don't know if I will be able to keep in touch with any of the others.

On a lighter note, I am going to become a runescape member tomorrow!! I have been waiting a long time to become one, and I finally feel that I have enough time and that I am a high enough level that is worth the five dollars a month it costs. The only downside to my becoming a member is that Justin will be joining my game.

I am learning cool stuff in psychology. Like, the other day I learned that in one of the 4 stages of sleeping, your eyes move rapidly back and forth. I previously had no idea I did this, but it sounds cool. I have also learned about the three parts of emotions, and what order they come in. Surprisingly enough, the same chapter about emotions told stuff about love and romantic relationships, which was amusing, mostly because I had no idea it could be divided into so many different types. Anyway, the psychology book I am using is cool and not too complicated for my poor mind to grasp (it is for dummies by the way).

9 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

cool. I knew that humans' eyes flicked back in forth durring sleep. (its called REM I think, stands for rapid eye movement. Talk about intelectual) Tell me about the emotions though, cause that sounds interesting.

Bummer about your friends leaving, bummer about being gone too though. This is a cool blog by the way.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

my comment was feeling lonely, so I will leave another completely worthless one here to suplement it.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Graham, you are really bored if you think your comments occasionally get lonely.
Okay, according to the book i am reading, emotions have three parts: the subjective experience, the physiological response, and the expressive component. Most people agree that the third thing occurs after the other two, but there are disagreements about which of the other two comes first (i will not go into the different theories, because i can't decide which one is correct, and i don't see what difference it makes). If you actually care about the love stuff, you can read about it when you come back to Yemen, because i don't feel like writing about it (or, rather, trying to remember it well enough to write about it).

6:42 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

lol. Ok. Yeah, I'm bored, but what is the expressive component?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

that is how you express the emotion (ie. facial expressions).

1:13 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

oh. I shoulda guessed that. By the way, thanks for the brilliant defence of my post. I should hire you.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

c'mon post about the love stuff. i need some advice. i'm 21 and single as the day is long. help me out.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

It didn't advice about love Jasmine, it was more like definitions. So it wouldn't help you at all.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a member? cool!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home