Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hajirah

Recently, I went with a huge group of people to Hajirah. It was a lot of fun, especially sleeping on the roof with 6 other boys. There was one problem: I heard just how great boarding school was. I had heard that it was good several times before, but never heard about it in much depth. Stephen, Nate and Daniel were giving advice to Matt, and I was listening. I really, really wish I was going to boarding school. In my opinion, homeschooling in a country where you only have like 5 friends is like the worst of all possible schooling options. It is no fun, and you make like no new friends. I have a suspicion that because I have been homeschooled, I will have problems making friends in college. I just haven't learned any social skills that will help me make friends. Oh well, it is almost impossible that my mom will ever change her mind about homeschooling me all the way through high school. She appears to completely obsessed with it. Apparently, she thinks I will learn more by homeschooling. That may be true, but what good will a little more knowledge do me if I have no knowledge of people?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've got to say that you're a better person than me, because hearing that much about RVA and boarding schools would lead to homicidal thoughts in my gray matter.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home schooling is the best option on God's green earth. So buckle down and don't be so ungrateful.

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

phantom you are either delusional or you have been listening to parental propaganda.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

that, or he is homeschooled and is a member of the homeschool soccer team, the homeschool basketball team, the state piano thing, and four forums online. In addition to that, he would go to ivy tech for his math courses and what not. Like that, it might be a lot of fun.

But how did you get them to talk? they have all seemed to be quiet on the subject when I questioned them. and going Hajirah with a batch of friends doesn't sound so bad either.

sorry I havn't commented for a while. I have had another Idea for the blog rpg thing. go to rpgthoughts for it.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Ah, the trick is to NOT question them. Just stay up until 2 in the morning with them listening to them give advice to someone who is going to boarding school in a couple of weeks. (of course, it will be a very long time before that happens again, so I don't give much for your chances). Yah, it was a lot of fun going to Hajirah. We played really crazy UNO and Justin had to strip down to his undies. (REALLY CRAZY). It was very amusing.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

what was that, Strip Crazy Uno? Sounds kinda like when we played Spoons with Tim Abe and Stephen until Tim threw up... That was funny...

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

ok. . .so now I can log on to blogspot? I'm confused. ANyways. I'm not exactly sure why you think homeschooling is going to stunt your social capabilities. Somehow, mine are excellent, and Jeremy even managed to get married. Sooooo. . .it can't have damaged us that much.

Ok, then I wrote a much longer diatribe, but decided to e-mail it to you instead. . .so check your e-mail. love you

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Okay, I guess you probably had it worse off than me, but I still want to go to boarding school. And i guess i actually do have quite a lot of friends over the internet (there are like 50 people on my runescape friends list), but talking over the internet isn't quite the same. It isn't nearly as much fun as doing stuff with friends.
Btw, how did you convince your parents to let you make all your own decisions when you were 15? Is there some sort of trick to it?

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home