Thursday, August 17, 2006

Scary

School is starting in two days. This is scary, because i will be in a class with both Luke and Hannah. Otherwise I probably wouldn't mind it very much. It is also rather annoying because it means that I got considerably less than 2 months of vacation this summer. But I also got to read quite a few Terry Pratchett books, so I guess everything is cool. I have also recently read a philosophy book, which was very funny. The guy who wrote effectively showed that nobody can know for certain that Santa Claus does not exist, because knowledge of that would require complete knowledge of the entire universe, which only God has. So saying that Santa does not exist is like saying you are god. Very amusing, considering how many people have said Santa does not exist. The guy also gave many extremely convincing arguments that values are objective and not subjective (this is something that pretty much everyone believes underneath, they just don't like to admit it). The book was called "The Best Things In LIfe" and was very good. I recommend it very heartily. The reason I haven't posted in a while is because I have had very little interesting things happen to me recently.

6 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

dude, I haven't seen Hannah in like more than a year! how is she? Bummer about the short Vacation.

Here is another argument: you know who i am talking about when I say Santa Claus, doublessly u have envisioned a fat little man all togged up in red with white fir around face and hands sliding down a chimney to give u things for chirstmas. since all of reality for us that we can know is what we do know and percieve, (Santa) thus, he does exist, in the real world at that.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Ah, so you are saying that everyone is living in an alternate reality? Since no one knows and perceives exactly the same things, this must be so according to your argument. Your argument also seems to say that God is outside of reality, because no one can know or perceive who God is. I think perhaps you should reexamine your argument and perhaps see if you actually believe it...

11:20 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

that is not true, u can see God working in our lives and in the lives of those around us, hense he is real too. but I usually live in an alternate reality...posibly the 6th dimension...nah, too much like the 5th. u know me though, usually airheaded. Of course I don't believe it, i thought it would just be fun to chuck it out there, see what would happen.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

yes, but you cannot see God in his true form, or at least you can't know him because he is too large for our puny brains to grasp. So what would be in our realities would not be the real God it would be sort of a pseudo-god. And actually I rather suspect you live in a dimension completely your own, the 7th.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

probably, which is why I am trying to find the first 6...

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

this is ridiculous--you need to post another blog. you've started school, you've locked luke in your room. . .seriously man, get a grip and start typing. oh, and i need to talk to you. are you ever home when mom and dad aren't?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home