Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Year

It appears for this new school year I may have to actually work seriously for a change. Fortunately, I have no subjects that I really hate (except maybe lit-it is sooooo boring). From a cursory glance of my schedule, it does not appear that this year should be any harder than last year. However, with a new 3 hour class on Mondays, the work really piles up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thankfully the class on Mondays is not mentally draining like the Saturday class, it is actually kind of fun(if anyone tells my mom I said this, they are dead). It appears I will have to start reading books only on week-ends, 'cause otherwise I will get even farther behind (well...I can still read school books on week-days-though I am in doubt as to whether that will be any consolation). I am not exactly a model worker. Hopefully this year will go pretty well as soon as I figure out how much time I need to spend doing school every day....

Anyways, Youth Group started last night, and it went fairly well, though the music on some of the songs was a bit sketchy. Ben came in, which was fun (he stills seems young enough as to almost be able to understand us). It was at the Licthen-Taylors (however you spell that) for the first time, and it went rather well. Surprisingly, no one tried to organize any games, so everyone just kind of talked afterwards. I put through my suggestion for playing Ultimate, and to my surprise, pretty much everyone was interested, so I guess we will be doing it sometime soon...hopefully Denise will come up with a date or something. Don't worry Mr. Barbo, the "old farts" will be invited too. LOL.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ultimate in college is ridiculously competitive. Not a game for noobs. I'm one of the worst players on any team, even though I'm a fairly decent player, if I do say so myself. Handsome and graceful, at least. Enjoy. I miss youth group already, but it sounds like it's starting fairly well. Out!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Ultimate in college can be super competitive. I've obviously never played, but I've got a friend who plays seriously competitively and goes out of town for tournaments, and even played on a team in Leeds (England) last semester. He's obsessed--it's funny. so start getting good NOW jeffrey.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

I am hoping to play a lot of ultimate this year, both in youth group and in school, so that should be fun. I expect to get run over in college now though...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

well, it all depends on where you go to college of course.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing to learn, and you better start right now, is the forehand (the one you throw with your hand out to the side). Everyone else will be unbelievably good at this, and will be able to throw all the way across the field with it, without the slightest waver, and with heart-wrenching accuracy.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home