Tuesday, August 07, 2007

China

Okay...now to post about my adventures in China. I really should've done this ages ago, but I forgot to set up my blogspot account so I could do it in China. Oh well here goes...

Kunming:
My first week in China was spent in Kunming. This was quite a lot of fun, I got to watch a lot of cool movies and TV shows, and I managed to convince my parents that we didn't need to do a whole lot of sight-seeing. Also the food in Kunming was really good.

Xi'an:
Next I went to Xi'an. Xi'an was pretty boring, the only interesting thing there was the clay soldiers, and it was actually more impressive to read about those in the history book than to actually see them.

Beijing:
Beijing was quite unpleasant, at least the first part of our stay there. After leaving the airport, we tried to catch a taxi. We tried like 15 empty taxis, every single one of the taxi drivers was rude, obnoxious, and wanted an absurd about of money. The sights in Beijing weren't too terribly boring, but I still feel that looking at pictures of them would have been more worthwhile.

Guilin:
At the end of our trip to China, we went to Guelin. This was probably the most interesting portion of our trip, as we got to go spelunking in a really cool cave. This was a ton of fun, even though I had to wear a hard hat and hit my head about 30 times in the cave. Needless to say, I was very thankful for that hard hat.

All in all, the trip to China was quite a lot fun, especially as I got about 30 DVDs out of it. The food was good (though I got a bit tired of KFC by the end of it), the sights were boring, and the movies were cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home