Friday, June 01, 2007

America

Well, people have finally convinced me to start blogging again. As everyone who reads this will no doubt be aware, I have recently traveled to America. It was a 24-hour trip, very unpleasant, but fortunately I had no difficult with jet lag. What I did have difficulty with was catching up on sleep, as I was woken up before 8 every morning by a rather loud niece, who has a tendency to run around jumping on people.
Since coming to America, I have done rather a lot of reading, as I have little else to spend my time on. In addition to several Discworld novels, I have also read The Diamond Age a very complex, confusing, but rather interesting book by Neal Stephenson.
On Memorial Day, I went to a rather boring picnic, where everyone managed to forget their frisbees. The day was not a complete loss though, upon returning to Jeremy and Ruth's I played Carcassone with Jeremy, Justin, Dad and Azar.
Another interesting event occurred yesterday, when I went out with my youth group to play whirlyball, which is now probably my second favorite sport, after Ultimate. Since it is difficult to explain exactly what whirlyball is, I will not attempt to, but if you want to find out you can google it.
That pretty much summarizes everything that has been happening to me lately.

1 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

Sorry I didn't comment earlier.

when I get 2 america, I am going 2 have something of a similar experience I think... I get off of the plane after having sat in once place for hours on end as we drone lazily over the atlantic, and go directly to drivers ed to catch up on all the classes I have already missed... Should be interesting. I win if I can stay awake the whole time. Time to try the double esspresso...

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home