Monday, October 02, 2006

Attention Span

Recently, I have started to notice that i have a great deal of difficulty paying attention to anything for any length of time. For example, when my parents start talking to me, my mind just kind of fades out their voice, and then, when they desire a response, I have to look back in my memory for the last 15 seconds or so of the conversation (all my short-term memory will hold) and try to figure out a reasonable response for those 15 seconds. This actually works surprisingly well, as most people (including me) actually say most of what they are going to say in the last 30 seconds or so of the conversation. So I only miss roughly half the conversation, which, in my opinion, is not too bad. Sometimes though, they say something where the main gist of the conversation was in the beginning of it, and then I feel totally lost and quite embarassed. Another thing i get easily bored of is eating. Recently I have been getting bored in the middle of meals, and so have left the table quite hungry (by middle of meal I mean after only 1 or 2 helpings of everything). Fortunately, there is a simple remedy for this: late night snacking. Unfortunately, though, my mom does not approve of this practice, so I generally try to do this when she is distracted by something else. I'm weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

mom's never been a huge fan of the late-night snacking thing. but i do the same thing. . .i get bored of eating, and lately i've decided to completely phase out anything my roommate says. i informed her of this this morning when she was talking for a very long time about something, and i didn't care. i love it when people think i'm joking.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

hm. I should remember to say what I am going to say fast and hard... About the late night snack thing, ur a teen. its normal.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home