Friday, February 02, 2007

Arabic

Recently, I discovered that not all the Arabic that I have learned in the past few years was worthless. The other day, as I was walking home from Medina Street, I saw a bunch of guys on the street playing UNO, and much to my surprise, they asked me to join them. So I did. It was interesting, and not actually very much different than playing UNO with a bunch of American guys (except that everything was in Arabic). This is where my Arabic came in useful. I could actually understand almost all the jokes they made (there were one or two where I understood the words, but not what was funny about them). It was actually quite a bit of fun, and I am considering going out there more often to hang out with them (if I understood correctly, they often meet at that time in that place)

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

cool, was that with Mohammed?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

finally! you use arabic! go all the time. please. you'll thank me later.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

No, I was on my own at the time. I don't know about going all the time, most days I am busy at that time, it was quite unusual that I had time to do it.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home