Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Day At SIS

My day at SIS was...interesting. During first & second periods I went to Mr. George's writing class, and felt sorry for the students there and, suddenly, it dawned on me how I did better than 92% of the PSAT takers. (Mr. George was incredibly incompetent). After that, I went to math, which was a most excellent class, and I think that having a math teacher like Mr. Erskine would be really useful in preparing me for college. Then we went to Biology, which was quite boring, but that was mostly because people were doing a retest through most of the class period. It was an open book test, so I have no idea how most of the class managed to fail it, but they did. After biology, I watched Keith and Abe practice for the SIS play for a period. Most of it was boring, though it was rather amusing watching Felicity chase after Keith (one would think she could have found someone more interesting to chase after but oh well). Then, while Abe went off to do Arabic, I went with Keith and played soccer for a period or two. That was quite a lot of fun, and Mr. V. was excellent. Oh, I seem to have completely forgotten the bus ride there. It was not as bad as I expected, the bus was very quiet, and i got a fair bit of reading done (54 pages read in 60 minutes-roughly 10% slower than normal). And though the bus ride back was much noisier, it was also quite a lot shorter (I got 15 pages read in 30 minutes-less than half speed).
So far my impression of SIS has been quite good, though Mr. George was a VERY incompetent teacher. The only other major problem is getting up 6. It means I have to be in bed by 10, which is rather unpleasant.,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

you should have gone around with jason. .. to see what you would be doing NEXT year. the waking up early is one of the worst things about school. but you adapt. however, you will have less time probably to mess around. because even after school you'll tend to have homework and so you'll end up working longer each day to do your school work. blech.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Mr. George's contract is only for 2 years, but some sources indicate that this will be his last year here. He is a tad rediculus isn't he?

Whadju think of Calculus? cool stuff, huh?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

stop torturing mom. I know she tortures you too, but she can't help that, that's just who she is.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home