Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

A few days ago, I watched Pride and Prejudice (I think it was temporary insanity, not permanent). It was, surprisingly, not that bad. There was one awesome character, Mr. Bennet, who was absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately, most of the other characters were pretty lousy. I do not know if the movie was intended to be funny, but that was the only really good thing about it. Most of the characters kept on doing stupid things (maybe the things they did were only stupid from my rather strange point of view), which Mr. Bennet would often criticize in a most amusing way. I think my favorite part of the movie was when Mrs. Bennet was attempting to get Elizabeth to change her mind about marrying Mr. Collins, and Mr. Bennet said, "You face a hard choice Eliza. If you say no, your mother will never speak to you again, and if you say yes, I will never speak to you again." Upon which Mrs. Bennet gasped and ran off in shock. It was probably worth watching once, but I can't actually say that I ever intend to watch another Jane Austen (is that how you spell it?) movie again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seemed to like it. This insanity may be longer lived than you first thought.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

yes, well, that was my favorite part as well. i like this movie. but you're right, don't bother with any of the other jane austens! booooring.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home