Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Holy Land Experience and The Beach Experience

Two days, my family went to a strange theme park that was based around the Holy Land. Most of it was quite boring, though there was quite an interesting model of Jerusalem. Anjuli wanted to climb on it of course, but that course of action was quite strongly discouraged by the owners. Some guy there gave a presentation thingy about it, and that was boring, though the person himself was quite interesting. He had traveled extensively, spent quite a bit of time as a missionary, and knew 5 or 6 languages (half of them dead languages, but even that is sorta cool). Naturally, my dad stayed an extra 15 minutes talking, though everyone else wandered off in short order. Rather annoying, because that was the last thing we were doing at the park. The day was not a complete loss however, I spent most of my time there listening to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe written and read by Douglas Adams, and that was pretty good. I also listened to it during the three-hour car trip back to my Uncle Fred's.
Yesterday, we got up early and went to the beach. I have now decided that going to the beach without any friends with you is really quite boring, and hope to never do it again. The trip was made worse by the fact that Anjuli was scared of the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, and was terrified by the water itself. Justin and I tried to play some frisbee, but the constant wind blowing in from the sea made that difficult. And to make matters worse, I had forgotten my book, and so was bored in the car on the way back to the house. NOT a good trip.
Today was rather satisfying, however. Though it did not start out very promising (I woke up a bit early, went into a very green pool, and dealt with an unhappy baby in said green pool) by afternoon everything was going well. At one oclock in the afternoon I started reading the Butlerian Jihad, and as I was only 100 pages into it, and still had almost 600 pages, I did not really believe I would finish it before my mom went to the library to return. By 6:30 however, I had finished it and was able to return to the library. Happy day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

I don't think you could pay me to go to that park based on the holy land... I don't like that kind of thing at all.

The thing about going to the beach without friends is something I have been trying to convince my parrents of for a long time now. Only thing is its kinda late now... I fly in less than 30 hours as I write this.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

you should post. Or at least comment.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, but the Butlerian Jihad wasn't even very good. The original series was great, but that add on was really slow.

Anyway, later.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home